Purpose of the Provincial Team Training Program (PTTP):The PTTP was developed to enable that Special Olympics athlete had the opportunity to reach their full potential in a sport of their choice and to improve training methods of our athletes in Saskatchewan. The program also promotes coaching education and professional development in our coaches and mission staff.
- To provide opportunities in sport-specific training for Special Olympics athletes in order to obtain a high level of performance.
- To challenge the athlete through intensive sport-specific training.
- To ensure Saskatchewan athletes are prepared to do their personal best at the games.
Rational for Development:
- High level of performance can be better achieved through concentration of efforts and training.
- Potential for athletes is not know if sport programs are only offered once a week.
- Increase training and coach’s methods, which is evident in all sport.
Benefits of the Program:
- Increase knowledge of high performance training.
- Better understanding of nutritional practices.
- 90% of athletes achieve personal best performances.
- Increase representation on Team Canada.
- Program raises awareness of SOS and athletes with intellectual disabilities.
- Coaches are implementing more detailed programs.
- Greater emphasis on specific skill development, weight training, and mental preparation.
- Expectation level of athletes has increased.
- More independence and self-confidence.
- Better communication, verbal skill & decreased shyness.
- Greater tolerance of others, more respectful, greater sense of fair play.
- Role model in community.
Virtual Competitions:Welcome to the Virtual Competition section for the SoActive School Based Program
Another Virtual Competition has been suceesfully completed! To see the results of the competition, please click here
The Competition will include the following teams:
- The Bears Bunch - L.P Miller Comprehensive School - Nipawin
- The Foxes - White Fox School - White Fox
- The Super T's - Carrot River High School - Carrot River
- The Wagner Lions - Wagner School - Nipawin
- The Vikings - Macdonald School - Esterhazy
- Minahik Might Roughriders - MinahikWaskahigan - Pinehouse Lake
- William Mason Cougars - William Mason School - Choiceland
Why Virtual Competition?The virtual competition gives athletes a chance to compete against other schools across the province by compteting within their own school. The athletes would then submit the results that will be posted online. This competition venue will give athletes another opportunity to match their skills against other students across the province without having to incur travelling expenses.
How can I get my students involved?Bowling Virtual Competition Guidelines
Swimming Virtual Competition Guidelines
- Bowling Virtual Competition Registration Form
- Swimming Virtual Competition Registration Form
- Bowling Competition Score Sheet
- Swimming Competition Score Sheet